Pages

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Mika's Integer Scribe Post

INTEGER

Hai hai!
Are you here to learn about Integer? Well, I, Ms. Toogood, will teach you.

Integer are really easy to learn. There's 2 levels of integer, 1 is the grade 7 level which is the Mrs. Boughton's way and the other is the grade 8 level which is the HARBEC way. What, what's the different between them you ask? WELL THANK YOU FOR ASKING.

In the grade 7 level, it has brackets on it.
EXAMPLE PLS:
(+4) + (+20) = +24
(+2) + (-5) = -3
Like look at this immature brackets, it's just a NO NO. Right now we're in the level beyond it. YES, WE'RE LEARNING THE BACKÉ WAY!! Just kidding, we're learning the good old Harbec way. I sound like Harbec.

What so different between this 2 level is that in grade 8 level, there's no brackets. THEY'RE SO DIFFERENT MAN.
EXAMPLE PLS:
14 + 12 = 26
4 + -2 = 2
Oh, my, god, you just blew my mind. Just look at this numbers, THEY'RE SO CLEAN WITHOUT THOSE BRACKETS AROUND THEM. WE'RE THOSE CREATURES CALLED GIRLS NOW YEAH! Oh wait, I'm already a girl.

I'll give you a question and I want you to read it for me please.
11 + -5
Come on read it for me. Don't worry, there's no right and wrong answer. Just try to read it.
(And here you say  "11 plus negative 5".)
NO, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. IT'S NOT 11 PLUS NEGATIVE 5. NO NO NO NO NO!!! THAT'S IN THE GRADE 7 LEVEL. REMEMBER WE'RE IN GRADE 8 RIGHT NOW SO WE HAVE TO READ IT RIGHT. HARBEC IS GONNA SCREAM AT YOU. What did Mrs. Boughton do to you?

In the grade 8 level, we say it like this.
"Have 11 and owe 5."
Now you try it. GOOD JOB! Let's go to our next lesson, I want to do my drawing work.

There's 2 visual ways to show your answer.
Here is the Number line.

And the chip/tiles way.


That's all for Ms. Toogood lesson. (Better than Rafael's post.)
REMEMBER, NUMBER WITH NO PLUS SIGN BESIDE THEM ARE OKAY. IT'S STILL THE SAME. Kai bai.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding the pictures! It makes it better for me to understand each concept and I'm really glad that you compared both the grade 7 and grade 8 method. I also like how simple and straight to the point you were! Thanks(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making math fun by having a little humor in the lesson! The pictures and the equation in words really does make a difference in understanding the concept. You were so outgoing with the text making the reader read more! Good job, and you are so funny. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Wikipedia

Search results

Creative Commons License